Vision Boards and 2021 Planning
Last Friday, I did a virtual vision board session with my HackerOne team during a Friday afternoon happy hour. Learned more about everyone's personal goals and passions. It was a lot of fun!
Here is my 2021 vision board:
Clockwise from top left:
- Surf the Boise river
- Golf 1x/week. Handicap <15
- Start with @RoamResearch and build a personal knowledge management system
- Start side biz and level up my investing chops (Stocks, Real Estate)
- Grow as a leader
- Write on luketucker.com 1x/mo
- Read 1 book/wk
- Travel, see friends quarterly
- Love on hackers. Build community.
How we did it:
- Set up a team happy hour on a Friday afternoon.
- At the beginning of the meeting, we shared a blank Google Slides Presentation, and everyone had their own slide.
- First 20-minutes: played music while each team member grabbed images / statements that reflected their personal goals and vision casting for the year.
- Last 30 - 40 minutes: We had each team member present their board, what they chose and why.
And the best part: I can't take credit for the idea at all, it was an idea from one of my team members, Jenn.
I highly recommend this activity for managers and leaders!
ps - Want to work at HackerOne? We have lots of open roles and also, I'm hiring!